Requests for the contraceptive pill or patches
This is the process for patients to make a REPEAT request for their contraceptive pill or patches.
When you are starting your final packet from your previously issued prescription, please fully complete our contraceptive request form (you can download the form here - Contraceptive request form
- you will need to enter your blood pressure which you can monitor yourself - you will need 2 readings at least 5 minutes apart
- a blood pressure reading will need to have been recorded within the last 12 months otherwise your prescription will not be issued
- you should either use a home BP machine, or if you do not have access to one you can call into the surgery during our opening hours to use our blood pressure monitor at the surgery, you do not need an appointment, but please arrive at least 15 minutes before the surgery is due to close at lunchtime or the end of the day
- if you do not complete every question on the form it will lead to delays as you may be called back to provide information that is missing from the form
You will be asked on the form to confirm how many pills you have left. We recommend making the request when you start your final pack from your previous prescription, we cannot guarantee a quick turnaround
Once completed please email the pill request form back to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand the completed form back to reception.
A doctor will review your request, if there are no concerns a prescription will be issued, either to dispensary if you are a dispensing patient or to your nominated community pharmacy, we will endeavour to issue the prescription within the timeframe of the number of pills you have left in your pack.
Please note we can not turnaround these requests within the 2 working days suggested for other items/prescriptions.
If the doctor has any concerns, (ie you are unable to provide your blood pressure readings) you will be asked to make a telephone appointment to discuss the issues identified, if you haven’t heard from us by the end of your current supply you can contact/visit dispensary/the chemist to see if your items are ready to collect.
It is advisable not to run out as we cannot provide a turnaround time quicker than described above (especially in the current pandemic), however, if you have an urgent request, you should still complete the form and mark the form as urgent, but we cannot guarantee that it will be actioned within the timeframe you require.
You will still need to book a telephone appointment with a GP for:
- requesting the pill for the first time
- discussing changes to your pill or patch, ie changing type/brands
- if you have had any problems with the pill since your last prescription
Thank you for your cooperation