Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Programme 2021
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - the flu clinic planned for Saturday 25th September has been cancelled.
We are preparing for our 2021 flu vaccination programme.
If you are eligible for a flu vaccination you will be contacted starting within the next couple of weeks, when we are able to open up vaccine bookings.
Please do not call the surgery to enquire if you can book a flu vaccine appointment yet, please read the following information.
This year we are EMAILING all of our patients who are eligible for a flu vaccine, for whom we have an email address on their record.
Those eligible will receive a unique link by email to go online and book themselves a slot.
The link will not be able to be used to book a friend/partner/relative's appointment, each person will need their own email sent directly to them. All our patients can update their own records here to provide us with an email address. The same email address can be used on more than on record, ie if you share an email address with your household, each person will receive a named email with their own unique link.
For anyone who doesn't have an email address on the system (or for those who have not responded to their email invite) we will then send TEXT MESSAGES and LETTERS TO HOME ADDRESSES to patients asking them to call us to book their appointments. Calls to book flu appointments should be made after 11:00am please to avoid the early morning rush.
Please do not call us until you receive your text or letter asking you to book your appointment, as we will be texting/writing to those in priority groups to ensure the telephone lines aren't overwhelmed.
Our flu clinics will be held on Saturdays in the D'urberville Hall, the dates of the clinics are as follows:
Saturday 25th September 09:00 - 13:00 - this date has been cancelled due to the national problems with deliveries
Saturday 9th October 09:00 - 13:00
Saturday 16th October 09:00 - 13:00
Saturday 23rd October 09:00 - 13:00
Saturday 6th November 09:00 - 13:00
Put the dates in your diary, and we will let you know when the appointments are available to book and be extra prepared by letting us know your email address if we don't already have it. Thank you
The flu vaccination provides the best protection against an unpredictable virus which infects many people and can cause serious illness and death each year, it is recommended yearly for those most at risk of flu, this includes:
- everyone aged 65 and over
- pregnant women
- anyone living with certain long term medical conditions
- people with caring responsibilities
- children aged 2 and 3 years old
- this year those aged 50-64 will also be offered the vaccine
Changes due to the Coronavirus pandemic
During the pandemic we held our Saturday clinics at the D'Urberville, and also provided some flu vaccinations at the surgery we must ask all patients to ensure you only attend your appointment if:
- you have no Covid-19 symptoms yourself (ie cough, high temperature, loss of/change in normal taste or smell)
- you have also had no contact in the 2 weeks prior to your appointment with anyone who has Covid-19
- you are prepared to adhere to the social distancing rules whilst waiting for your appointment
Please also note:
- you should attend as close to your appointment time as possible to avoid excessive waiting
- you should wear a face mask/covering to the appointment
- you should wear clothes that make your arm easily accessible and be prepared to remove coats etc whilst waiting to be called
- you will not routinely receive a paper leaflet at the appointment as you have in previous years which highlights the possible reactions to the vaccination, please ensure you are familiar with the guidance below regarding possible reactions
Possible reactions to the flu vaccination
Please ensure you are fully aware of the possible reactions to the flu vaccination by downloading and reading the leaflets below, there will only be a limited number of leaflets available to takeaway from the flu clinic for those who do not have access to the internet.
For patients aged 50 - 64 - please see the patient information leaflet page 1, and page 2 (2020 information, 2021 to be added here soon)
For patients over 65 - please see the patient brochure and the patient information leaflet (2020 information, 2021 to be added here soon)